Jan 30, 2012

Scooter Speaks and E-mails

We decided to allow Scooter to have his own email account. Believe it or not, it wasn’t a decision that was easily made. This is a scary world and when you allow a 9 year old to have his own email account, I think that you have the potential for scary people to have access to your child. He is aware that I have the password and I have 100% right to check his inbox and outbox 100% of the time if I want. And he is without guile, so it’s totally fine with him. He’s not hiding anything. He just wants to be able to email his father, his aunts and grandparents. It’s kind of a grown-up thing to do, right?

Because I have access to his account, I’ve kind of had access to more inner workings of his brain. The kid makes me laugh. He writes to his dad that they are going to “break a world record” this summer. He also says to Flynn that “I’ll kiss mom for you ok?”

But in a separate email to me he says, “guess what’s on the menu, DEATH!!!!!!”

HUH?

(Yeah, I shouldn’t be surprised. This is the kid that when I asked him one day what he wanted for lunch he said in a sinister voice, “YOUR HEART ON A PLATTER!”)

But don’t be dismayed!

Scooter also sent me an email that said, “I think you are the best mom in the world like giving me food, playing games with me, buying Dagedars for me. You’re awesome!!!!!!”

But the funniest email I’ve seen him send was to my dad, who is known as Papa.

Papa is a teaser. He’s pretty funny and he likes teasing people, especially the grandkids. While Belle was scared of Papa and his teasing for the first few years of her life, Scooter has never been afraid and has always been able to dish the funny right back.

Papa sent Scooter and email that said, “Tell your muther to check her email once in a while. Pops”

When I saw Scooter’s reply, I burst out laughing and had to sit down,

“Whatever you say pops and check your spelling, okay?”

THANK HEAVENS my dad can and did laugh about that. Because I sure did.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

You should write a book, you really should.

Love it.