Jan 4, 2012

I Am NOT A Drug Addict

I have never taken illegal drugs, nor do I have plans to.

At least not yet.

Life hasn’t gotten so hard that we need to escape into a sketchy life of illegal activity.

So, for now, I will take the word of the blogger where I got this recipe, that
these brownies are indeed better than crack.

Unless she’s talking about this kind of crack….

If this is what she’s referring to…
well then, GET BAKING because these brownies kick this guy’s rear end,
PANTS DOWN!

(I kill myself sometimes!)

I found this recipe on Pinterest.
Who doesn’t love Pinterest, I ask you?
Maybe someone who has been visiting Mars for the
last 12 months.
But I’m pretty sure that for the most part, 95% of the female population here on earth,
has left Facebook and is now spending the majority of their time
pinning crafts, planning weddings, building menus and
finding their self esteem through inspirational quotes found on
PINTEREST.

I am the 95%.

And, I would also like to add that I have not only added ‘pins’ to my ‘boards,’
but I have also baked/cooked and crafted several items that I have pinned.
One day I’ll do a post on the fun things I’ve done,
but for now, I’ll just post this one thing.

BETTER THAN CRACK BROWNIES.
I probably shouldn’t have baked them.
They are seriously delicious.
It’s not like I don’t have a garage full of treats left over from Christmas.
It’s not like I need to be baking for my friend’s reception this weekend.
These are NOT made with broccoli or brussel sprouts,
i.e. they are NOT going to help you lose any of those extra pounds you put on over the holidays!

But I saw them and I couldn’t say no.
I just HAD TO give them a go!
It was worth my time.
It will be worth YOUR time.
DO IT!!
Bake them!

Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
1 batch brownies (you can use a mix from a box, but why would you when you have this brownie recipe!)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (I chopped mine up)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups (I’d use more. This wasn’t enough on mine!)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I bet you can use semi-sweet too!)
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (remember, choosy moms choose Jif!)
1/2 TBSP butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal

Make the brownies according to directions, and bake in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish for 20-25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and top with the peanuts and Reese’s. Bake for 4-6 minutes more.

While they are finishing up, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in the microwave. Be careful not to scorch them! After it’s melted, mix together and stir in cereal.

Remove brownies from the oven and evenly pour the mixture over top.

Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. –Or—you can put the brownies in the garage for a couple hours. This works just as well.

When they’re ready -- if you can wait that long --
tell the plumber to pull his pants up and maybe…
just maybe…
you’ll offer him a bite!

DSC_0365.

1 comment:

Aly Long said...

They are absolutely DELICIOUS!!