Jan 6, 2012

2011: It Was A Year

I have two desserts to totally fix and prepare for tomorrow night’s reception. I still need to buy the supplies for that. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet, and I guess I forgot to eat dinner last night. I’ll get right on that. In the meantime, I decided I’d rather look back on the year that was. Let’s see:

January
Oh yeah. January was the month I decided I DON’T want to be a wedding photographer. It was hard work and I don’t have the skills yet! But the trip to Arizona was amazing and fun…minus the fact that our airplane landed at the wrong airport and our rental car was 15 miles away. So we had to take a taxi ride that cost $70 to get the car… fun times, fun times.

DSC_0095whisper

IMG_1372

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

February
Scooter ended up sick with the influenza. Poor kid. Maybe because he puts random sticks up his nose. ^^
Scooter also baked and decorated his first ever chocolate cake. What do you think? Did he lick the beaters too?
.DSC_0454

We spent as much time as possible in the mountains and snow. Teaching our nephew from the Midwest how to properly glide across the snow before serving a mission in the highest baptizing area of the church… SLC.

March
A seriously GREAT experience was going to the Alfie Boe concert – TWICE!
Who is Alfie Boe? Dude! He’s only the guy that sang the Jean Valjean part in the Les Mis  in the 25th Anniversary Concert! I went twice -- the second time taking Flynn and Scooter along. We were surprised, when Alfie picked Scooter out of the audience and sang and talked to him during the concert. During intermission, Scooter was called up on stage and given a huge handful of chocolate and candies that Alfie wanted him to have.

Alfie can sing to me any time he wants. And believe me, he does. Every time I turn on iTunes and listen to his album… which is ALL THE TIME!

IMG_1674 a (bring him home)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

April
Scooter and I traveled to Gross Yucky Florin (change from New Florin) to visit Flynn. We saw a S.W.A.T. team taking down a house that was just a couple doors down from Flynn’s rental.

IMG_1824

But on a much higher note, we were able to get tickets for General Conference – our first ever. Scooter was able to “reconnect with” and see his old friend, President Monson.

IMG_1738IMG_1751

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I took this picture, which is one of my favorites:

IMG_1709 (2)

May
Flynn whisked me away for a lovely Mother’s day weekend for just the two of us at our favorite place ever: Yellowstone Park! We got our second flat tire of the year there (shredded is more like it). A happy park employee helped us change it in the pouring rain and I – amazingly enough – didn’t take a single picture of the event.

DSC_0018a

 

DSC_0051b

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wicked happened too. Flynn and Belle loved it. It was just so-so for me. And yes, I’ll admit out loud that I felt that way about it. I loved it the first time I saw it. And only enjoyed it the second time. What a brat I am!

IMG_2236

IMG_2244

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

June
Max ends up in the ER with severe abdominal pain. Betty is diagnosed with multi-nodular goiter. We have our SIXTH flat tire of the year. We find out the health insurance isn’t paying for any of our medical costs because we had our medical treatment OUT OF NETWORK.

But the highlight was that summer FINALLY arrived! And we were able to take a fun trip to Portland to visit Flynn’s family.

DSC_0018

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

July
Was the month of wanting more…more gruel, more stage time and more singing and dancing. Can you say OLIVER!

IMG_9029

It was also the month that we were introduced to Beast and realized that he and Belle liked each other A LOT! By the end of the month they were engaged.

DSC_0002

DSC_0016

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

August
More trips to Yellowstone. More tire problems. Wedding dress shopping. More things in noses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September
Played “redneck” at my parent’s cabin practicing our target shooting with pellet guns and archery. No humans, dogs or targets were hurt in the taking of these photos. But we sure had a relaxing, fun weekend.

DSC_0385

 

 

DSC_0379

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


October

Kicked it into full-gear as we prepared and planned and baked for Belle and Beast’s wedding reception. I had one blog entry in the month of October. Hmmm…. stressed possibly?

Bridal photos were taken, bridal showers were given and one last trip to Yellowstone.
DSC_0391b
IMGP3801

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scooter practiced his “snot rocket” skills. They still need work.

DSC_0447

November
The month I became a mother-in-law. Bell and Beast were sealed for eternity in the Temple just south of Zion.IMG_0883
IMG_0912


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

December
Flynn loses his job and moves back to Zion. We stress. We cry. We get MAD. But finally end up with feelings of peace and comfort. Flynn finds an interim job, which puts him back on the road. He is only able to come home twice a month now. But we’re grateful for the employment, even if it is only temporary.

Flynn tries to grow a beard in his time off. It comes in GREY!!

DSC_0349 copy

Christmas is beautiful and simple. The way it was meant to be. And for that I’m grateful.

DSC_0386b copy

DSC_0406b copy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0374b copy

DSC_0382b copy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And A Happy New Year!

******************************************************************************************

Update:
Flynn and I are not going to be grandparents as soon as we thought we’d be. Poor Belle had a miscarriage this week. She’s fine. Sad and a little sore, but she’s recovering well.

No comments: