Mar 25, 2013

Say That Again?

As Scooter’s mother,
I’m quite proud of his taste in music.

Why?

Because (IMHO) he likes musical artists who actually HAVE TALENT.
Who actually sing… using their throats and voices,
who are not singing through their noses
or
electronically enhanced microphones.

And it doesn’t hurt that his tastes are so similar to mine!
 Smile
Justin Bieb-who?
Jonas Whats?
Christina and Britney? I don’t think so.
Don’t even mention the word RAP to him… he’ll smack you!

However, he certainly knows who the
Bee Gees are.
And the Mamas and the Papas.
Olivia Newton-John?
He’s down with that!
Peter, Paul and Mary are some of his favorites!
(Among others. MANY others.)
And we can’t forget his current obsession,
Johnny Cash.

When we drive, we listen to my iPod and play, “Name The Artist”
and more often than not, he gets them right.
Keep in mind, that most of the music on my iPod is considered
CLASSIC.
It’s mostly from the 70’s and 80’s.
(I stopped listening to the radio in the 90’s when listening to music
made me want to slit my wrists.
Jewel, Alanis Morisette and Sarah McBarflin
howling about how awful life and the world was…
But that’s another post all together!)

However, I think that the naming game is getting old.
It’s gotten too easy.
When Leo Sayer starts singing,
”You Make Me Feel Like Dancing”
in his falsetto voice,
Scooter yells,
”IT’S THE BEE GEES!”

He grabs the iPod to “check” to see if he’s correct,
and then “confirms” it to the people riding in the car with us.

“See? I told you it was the Bee Gees!” he yells. Then turns his head and snickers.
He thinks he’s so funny!

This last weekend it was our turn to travel to Flatlandia to visit Flynn.
Belle came with us, and brought Chip too!
(He traveled like a champ! What a good baby!)

While we were there, Flynn introduced Scooter to two more great bands:
Creedence Clearwater Revival
and
Lynyrd Skynyrd.

A new fan has been born.
And he’s only 10 years old.

On our trip home,
we were once again playing, “Name The Artist.”
Again, Scooter was being funny and saying everyone was either
Bee Gees or
Olivia Neutron-Bomb (ha ha).

But then he threw in another band.

At first we didn’t know who it was.

And when Belle and I figured out who he was talking about,
we laughed.
And since it was dark, I had to video the moment.

╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟ ╟

And just because I can….
(because I’m Granny)
here’s a little photo we took of Chip last week.

016a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice post. love the pic of the kiddo.