Feb 6, 2013

Photo Challenge

While perusing my love
PINTEREST
I read this blog post.

And I realized I have a problem.

I HATE having my picture taken.
I definitely prefer being behind the camera.
I don’t like seeing photos of myself
because…
well…
I have wrinkles,
and more than one chin,
and a couple extra bulges here and there:
around my middle,
and my behind,
and my thighs
and my….
everything else.
Sometimes my hair doesn’t look great.
Sometimes I have food in my teeth.
Sometimes the circles under my eyes show up more than my eyes.
And sometimes,
I’m just not smiling.

But after reading that blog,
I started to realize that maybe that all that stuff doesn’t really matter.
What really matters is that my husband/kids/family
knows I love them and I love being with them.

So I decided to take the challenge.
I will take a picture with my family once a month.
With my cute husband.
My darling children.
If I can get us all together,
well,
we’ll do that too!

Scooter and I took this Monday this week.
I was feeling pretty good, so we went outside and started building a snow fort together.
There he is in all his cuteness.
There I am in all my flawed Shingle-ness.
And there we are….
TOGETHER!

IMG_1050

(This weekend I get a pic of myself and Flynn! Yippee!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the most wonderful woman I know.

Connie said...

I love everything about this post, including the blog post about Aleida's challenge and the picture of you and Scooter! I read a blog post just yesterday about loving ourselves no matter what so that our own children will learn to love themselves. Eye opener, for sure.
Glad you're feeling better.

Yvonne said...

What a fabulous post!!!! I don't always put myself in the pictures, but with a tripod WHY NOT!!!!

I love the blog post about Aleida's challenge.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

So glad you are feeling better. And love the picture of you and Scooter!!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea! I need to try that.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OK, now I am feeling guilty.
I avoid the camera for so many reasons.
I had my picture taken today for a thing, and I look like I'm a wanted felon!

Glad you get to have a weekend with Flynn!!!!