Sep 17, 2012

Have Car. Will Park.

Flynn has lived in Flatlandia for 8.5 months.
When Scooter and I go to visit him we try to explore the area
and find things to do as a family.
Remember,
our family motto is:
MAKING MEMORIES
(Plus, we want friends to come visit us, and we’ll need to find ways of entertaining them when they come!)

I will say that Flatlandia has GREAT State Parks.
There are about a gazillion of them!
Since Flynn has lived there, we’ve traveled WEST to a
National Landmark and a National Park.
(This trip was about 2 hours away.)
This is what we saw:
DSC_0336DSC_0355b

DSC_0364
AND

DSC_0381DSC_0394

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_4369

Then, we traveled EAST and saw these amazing sights at another state park.
(This trip is an hour away.)

DSC_0654DSC_0697DSC_0763

A couple weeks ago, we travelled NORTH (our famous 400 mile Sunday drive)
and finally saw some water in the barren land we’re moving to.
(This was 3 hours away.)

DSC_0341DSC_0344DSC_0346

Last weekend, Scooter and I were in Flatlandia again.
This time Beast accompanied us.
He needed a small vacation away from the stresses of his job.
Poor Belle had to work.
So she stayed in Zion, held the fort down, and earned some much needed cash.

The only direction we haven’t traveled yet was
SOUTH
so we checked our trusty map and found yet ANOTHER state park
and OFF WE WENT!
(We traveled 2 hours for this park.)

These are some of the amazing sights we saw.
IMO, I think it’s the coolest State Park we’ve been to!

DSC_0332DSC_0335DSC_0361DSC_0377a

I had to leave my mark. And it’s not graffiti.
All the kids do it! I promise!

DSC_0381bDSC_0401

You can see that the west is still on fire.
I’m pretty sure this fire has been burning all summer.
DSC_0414a

Scooter found a skeleton of some little animal lying in the grass.
We’re not sure what it was… a fox possibly?
We think this was the skull, but we’re not sure.
He likes to think it is.DSC_0418a

Now we’ve seen it and done it all, what’s next?
Hmmm… I don’t know.
There’s still one road to the south we haven’t driven down.
And we still haven’t found a real hiking trail.

So, I guess we haven’t seen it and done it all yet, have we?

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

You always do such a fabulous job of recording your adventures. I love it.

I love the pictures of your hike. WOW. Way to go, woman!!!!! I could NEVER do that--I'm a bit of a chicken. Oh heck, let's be honest, I'M A REAL CHICKEN!!!

And you know what, you could still venture FURTHER NORTH!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It sounds like you are doing such a great job of finding all the beauty Flatlandia has to offer!
Good for you.
Of course, I'm sure that Scooter loves hanging out with the parentals too.
Looks like he loves everything he does.

thorkgal said...

You're my idol.