Aug 7, 2012

S-s-s-cooter’s S-s-s-ummer Is For S-s-s-wimming

Olympic swimming fever has hit our home.
Scooter, and I (and Flynn when he can) have been glued to our NBC channel
watching Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte and Missy Franklin
swim for the Gold… and winning it.

Scooter and I have made a plan that in 12-14 years,
he will be the newest swimming sensation at the
Olympics.
I will be the doting mother, crying happy tears of joy in the stands while my
handsome, red-headed son stands on the highest podium,
with The Star Spangled Banner playing majestically while the American flag is raised to
the highest point of prominence.
And, of course, a beautiful gold medal will be hanging around his neck.

Of course, we’ll repeat that same scene at least 25 times.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Many of the great athletes had humble beginnings,
and Scooter is no different.
He began his quest this summer, swimming in local lakes
wearing a too-small wet suit, camouflage life vest and neon blue goggles.

His form is FABULOUS!
His skill is SUPERB!
His abilities are AMAZING!
And his ability to have fun…. INFECTIOUS!

DSC_0353DSC_0355DSC_0366

DSC_0367DSC_0372DSC_0376

DSC_0381DSC_0388DSC_0391

DSC_0404DSC_0414
DSC_0429

DSC_0397DSC_0431
DSC_0434

DSC_0461DSC_0466
DSC_0456

DSC_0473
DSC_0487
(Some of these pictures display the all-boy sport of minnow and crawdad fishing with his favorite cousin!
Not necessarily Olympic sports. BUT… if, by chance, it is added, these two will walk away with Gold!)

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

I love the feeling of patriotism that the olympics bring. I too was going to be in the olympics when I was a kid... I just didn't know it was going to be on my couch.

aaaa said...

Swimming is always good. Especially on a warm summer day.