May 17, 2012

Love This Guy

DSC_0432a

Seriously, isn’t Flynn the handsomest guy around?
Okay, totally biased here, but I love everything about him.
His hairline included.
(Have you ever run your fingers over a bald guy’s head?
Don’t knock it til you try it!)
Smile

Flynn does everything he can (from hundreds of miles away) to help me and make my life easier.
He is my greatest champion.
He lifts my burdens when he can.

Living so far apart, we text each other a LOT.
The first thing I do every morning, while my eyes still are fighting to focus,
is to grab my phone and read his sweet morning greeting.
I try to make sure I send a text  every night right before I go to sleep
telling him I love him.

(We’ve always kept different hours.
He’s definitely a morning person – up before the crack of dawn.
I’m happy if I go to bed right before the crack of dawn.)

Flynn knows that my “Love Language” is
QUALITY TIME.
I don’t need fancy gifts.
Flowers are nice, but they die.
But offer to spend time with me and I’m 100% happy and content.

Knowing this – for Mother’s Day – Flynn took me away to my favorite place on earth
and gave me two full days of TIME!
Time with him.
Alone.
In Heaven.

(This is the second year he’s done this. We’re quite happy with the tradition,
and agree that no matter where we live, we’ll continue with it as long as we can!)

This is a little of what we saw:

These were on the hike we attempted to take.
We agreed before we left that if there were any signs of bear,
we’d high-tail it out of there.
I didn’t want to be the first statistic of the summer….

Bear Prints

We followed these prints for a short while before I completely freaked out.
We hiked to a creek crossing and Flynn decided he’d walk ahead to see the view.
I stayed behind.
He went just over the ridge (making noise the whole time) and found more prints
surrounded by drops of water.
He hypothesizes that we were chasing the bear just ahead of us.
The bear had crawled through the creek Flynn had just crossed and stopped for a
minute, dripping, before moving on.
While I would have enjoyed a longer hike, I am happy to still be alive to hike another day.

DSC_0409a

DSC_0420a

DSC_0439a

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love to see these guys, but from a very safe distance!DSC_0456a

DSC_0457

DSC_0485aDSC_0487

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_0490a

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I run my fingers over my bald's guys head quite often ; ) (And he has so much less of a hairline then yours. LOVE IT.

So glad you have that tradition. A GREAT one.

I want to know your secret to finding bears--really I do.

thorkgal said...

You guys are about as perfect as any couple can get. I don't know whether to gag or say "awwwwwe". ;)
I've had the hardest time with the blogs new set up... I can't find my dashboard to edit who I want to watch. I stumbled upon it today to find you. Lucky. Now, to remember how I got here.