May 22, 2012

It’s Been A While

I know I just posted something.
I NEVER write two posts in a day, but it’s been so long since I’ve had a “Scooter-ism” to write about
I just HAD to record this funny thing he did this evening.

First give you some background:

For years we’ve called Scooter a “Party Pooper.”

It’s not that he has a bad attitude or is sullen and angry all the time.
Quite the opposite.
He was definitely “born under a star that laughed” as he is such a happy person.
He’s happy in just about everything he does.
Including his time in the bathroom.

It doesn’t matter what he’s doing in there:

Brushing his teeth
Washing his hands
Using the toilet
Showering

He has a PARTY while doing it.

He sings.
He dances.
He laughs.
He tells himself jokes.
He looks in the mirror and watches himself laugh.

He actually came to me the other day and asked me if I could help him write a comedy monologue – how he even knows what that is is beyond me – because he had made one up while he was sitting on the toilet, but he couldn’t remember it by the time he got his hands washed and out of there. Plus, he thinks it was too full of ‘potty humor’ and he knows that
isn’t allowed.

That is what goes on in our bathrooms while he’s in them.

Tonight was no different.

He’s especially happy because tomorrow (May 23) is the last day of school.
He was in the shower.
Singing.
Dancing.
Laughing.
THE USUAL.

When all of a sudden I hear:
the sound of skin sliding across the bottom of the tub (we all know the sound)
the thud of a body crashing
an exclamation of pain “OW!”
a small giggle and
an unidentifiable mumble of words

I wasn’t too concerned because there was no crying and the shower continued
at almost the same happy decibel level for another 10 minutes or so.

When he finally finished his party and came downstairs, I was still laughing.
I asked him if he was okay.
He started laughing again and said in amazement,
”You heard that?”
Well of course I did! It was quite the thud!

And then he shared this wonderful pearl of wisdom:

“Never dance on a slippery surface.”

Which just happens to be what he said to himself right after he fell
(that unidentifiable murmur of words).

We were laughing pretty hard about the whole thing for several minutes.
And then he said while he was still giggling,
”Usually the humor dies off fast,
but this one’s hanging!”

Scooter is such a doof.
But we love him!
And he helps make our home a happy one!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

He is such a character. LOVE IT.

I know one day he will have a comedy act and be on stage!!!!