Jan 14, 2014

Ahem….

Well hello there! I feel like every time I come to this blog, I need to reintroduce myself.

I don’t know why I have neglected it for so long.
I think I have a writer’s block.
Remember when I would write and would say something witty and clever?
Sometimes it would be Laugh-Out-Loud funny.

Sometimes it would be deeper with more meaning and feeling.
Sometimes brutally honest.

Then I forgot how to write like that.
My blog turned into a travelogue.
We went here…. We did that… We saw this… We saw that….
Blah
Blah
Blah
*****snore*****

Also, Scooter started growing up.
Admittedly, a lot of my posts were about him and the funny things he’d do and say
(Who remembers him crying upstairs while looking at his skinny bum in the mirror saying his crack had disappeared?
It had disappeared because he was bent over and he has NO FAT!
But that’s beside the point!
He was looking at his bum in the mirror for heaven’s sake!!!!)

(Or the time he came sobbing down the stairs and when we asked him what was wrong,
he said, in as dramatic a voice as possible,
”I feel like an OLD MAN!”)

Things like that don’t happen as much anymore.
Which is a LOT sad.

So here I am looking at my blog.
It’s a new year.
Maybe I should make some new promises regarding this area:
* A new post once a week
* If not once a week, at least twice a month
* More pictures (Hah! As if I don’t already put too many on here.)
* LESS pictures
* More creative writing
* etc. etc.

I probably won’t.
As Mary Poppins says,
“It’s a pie crust promise. Easily made. Easily broken.”

But,
I can promise to try to be more diligent.
I can promise to not be a stranger.
I can be more engaged in life so I can think of more things to write about.
I can still include some travelogue. It’s nice to remember where we’ve been and what we’ve done.
And I would love to include a couple hundred pictures of this cute little guy.
Because, I don’t think there is any cuter babies in the world than him!

DSC_0022 8X10

3 comments:

aaaa said...

That kid is a very cute kid. Both scooter and the baby. Please bore me with your travel log. I enjoy them. I believe you put quite a fun spin on what could otherwise be a boring we went here and did this, blah, blah, blah.

What I really like is that you are creating memories and leaving them for your children and grand children to learn about you.

Yvonne said...

Yes, I know the feeling.

Good to see you here. I LOVE reading your blog--whatever you write and whatever you post!!!

Yvonne said...

And the BABY IS A DOLL!!!!